Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Monday, May 14, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed (Matched, #2)Crossed by Ally Condie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really loved the first title in this series, but this one? Well not so much.

I feel like this book was full of nothing but build ups. Things just keep progressing over and over again until we reach full throttle. Then, slowly, as we reach the point where we're finally going to see the characters reach that one thing we want, we're presented with a let down. Things just slide right down and it's like, "OK, so why did I read this book exactly?"

Also, this book is a lot about lies. Everyone lies about something for one reason or the other. I feel like sorting out all the truth from the lies is hard. Can we trust what this character or that character said? And, exactly how important are a few of the characters we are presented with?

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the book. Things were progressing along quite well up until the very end. Then I just put it down and thought 'huh', do I really want to read the last book? The verdict is still out on that one.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.