Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Matched by Ally Condie

Matched (Matched, #1)Matched by Ally Condie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Matched is a story about another society, one in the future where the government has complete control over the populace, all the way down to whom a person shall marry if they choose to be matched with someone else. The government lies, hides and spies on their people.

Cassia is the main character of this novel, a girl about to be matched. Things seem to be perfect, especially when she is matched with her neighbor and best friend Xander, but not everything is at it seems. More sinister things are at play.

At first, Cassia was sort of an annoying character but I think she really evolved and I'm glad she did. She became more than a one dimensional sheep that follows everything she's fed blindly. Xander appears to only have eyes for Cassia but really, there is much more going with his character too. I like Xander really and I'm glad that he knows more than he's letting on. It makes the story so much more interesting!

I really like Condie's world building. I felt like she did a great job at portraying what life is like within this province for the characters that we are introduced to. We know what it's like to ride air train's or to go into the city or to go to school. I'd like to know more about other province's because I think it would make for an interesting story.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.