Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Monday, April 23, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)Graceling by Kristin Cashore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Graceling lumbered along to a very slow pace at the beginning. The pace was hard to keep up with. To be fair however, Graceling has a lot of things to set up in the beginning. We have a lot of characters with a lot of background information to keep track of, before we really start getting into Katsa's story.

The story really picked up for me after Chapter five or so. I really started to get into the background story. At first, I thought it was going to be the same old story, with the same usual plot, but it is different. Also, another favorite thing is that this book is very 'girl powered'. Now I know that seems kind of cheesy and it seems like a lot of books are doing that thing nowadays, but while it is girl powered centered, it doesn't shy away from saying that guys hold power as well. I say it's pretty centered all around and probably could be enjoyed by people of both genders if they were open to it.

I really would like to read the next to find out what happens between Katsa and Po. Also, I'd like to know more about Bitterblue.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.