Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Last Gleaming by Joss Whedon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The ending of Buffy Season 8 was wild. Buffy and the gang is locked in a full out war for the world. We follow as usual, the ups and downs of the characters as they do their best to protect the planet from the disasters of demons and all evils trying to take over the world.
While I really enjoyed seeing things become wrapped up, after a very strange and very wild ride through the rest of the issues, it was a pretty sad ending. I of course, will not divulge details but it is depressing especially for a long time lover of the show. However, I understand how some things must work out for the story line to progress, it's still sad in more ways than one.
However, I am glad that the ending of the season made way for maybe, a more normal (or more 'normal' for Buffy as we are used to)story relating to Buffy and the people that help her save the world from evil. I also think that the ending of this season will also pave the way for more changes for Buffy. However, I haven't started to read Season 9 yet so I cannot be certain.
View all my reviews
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Spirituality and spiritual development are great interests to me, especially Goddess worship and goddess theology.
- Review: As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott
- Review: World's Burn Through
- Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8: Last Gl...
- Review: Matched by Ally Condie
- Mailbox Monday #14
- Comic Review: House of Night Bundle by Darkhorse C...
- Comic Review: Angel: A Long Night's Journey by Dar...
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer #7: Twilight
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer #6: Retreat
- Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
- ▼ April (11)