Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sunday, April 29, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott

As I WakeAs I Wake by Elizabeth Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had a really hard time putting this one down. I just had to know more about Ava. What really happened to her memory? Why was she slipping into weird dreams and weird memories of people that she knows, but really doesn't 'know'. And why is her mother having secret phone calls with someone she doesn't really know?

It was hard to follow at first. The first few chapters were sort of fragmented and a bit strange. However, as the story progresses and we learn more about Ava, things start to fall into place more. As Ava progresses and gets used to her life after waking up with no memory of who she is, or who anyone is, the story becomes less fragmented and full of more complex ideas and stories that are interwoven into Ava's current life.

I really liked how Ava progressed and worked through her memory losses in the book. Ava really did grow to love and despise people well. I think she handled things much better than I would have, if I were to be in her situation. I wish there were more on her life and where she came from though. We do have some snippets, but I'd like to know more, more about the world she came from; or stories from her childhood. I think there is so much more to know that we couldn't be satisfied with just the little bit of knowledge we have.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.