Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, April 14, 2012 | By: Traci

Comic Review: House of Night Bundle by Darkhorse Comics

House of Night

This story takes place between the first and second book of the House of Night series. After Zoey is given charge of the Dark Daughters. Zoey has some lessons to learn as to what it means to take over the Dark Daughters, to rule over a group of people all serving the goddess Nyx. Each issue is a history lesson on goddesses and other important people in the course of being a vampire or a House of Night school.

I haven't read past the first book in the House of Night series, but I saw a preview of the first comic and I thought it looked pretty neat. So I bought the bundle and read through them. The art work is pretty cool. I think my favorite scenes are the scenes when the Dark Daughter's group is outside about to learn a new lesson from the handbook. The scenes look so peaceful.

The history aspects lead into moral lessons that Zoey must learn. While some people may find these annoying, they're really not annoying. They're only a small aspect of the story and they're not preachy either. I'm interested in seeing where the story will go next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.