Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, March 10, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1)The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this book to be a completely different and refreshing take on magic and wizardry. Events within the story followed some of the typical parts within your typical magical YA stories, but the concept of this one was much more original.

I for one liked the idea of how magical people are born. I won't give it away because it is sort of spoilery, but I think it's a pretty interesting concept. Of course, that concept raises a lot of other questions about how they are born, but if you take it for what it is, it's a very interesting concept that I have not see done before.

The characters in this book are likable, but they also have a lot of layers to them. They're not one dimensional characters where everything is obvious. Everyone is hiding something, some kind of intent that isn't inherently obvious on the surface. This makes reading through this easy as you're constantly trying to decode characters and their intent towards other characters.

My biggest issue with this book? Why on earth are the chapters so long? Some chapters are pretty short, other chapters are so long, you're reading on and on and on for 30 minutes or more. I would have liked chapters to be broken up a bit more. Then again, that could just be my personal preference, some else out there may have enjoyed the longer chapters that just seemed to go on forever.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.