Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Monday, March 12, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink (ARC)

A Temptation of AngelsA Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think I wavered quite a bit, back and forth as to how I thought this book would be. The synopsis makes this sound amazing. The first chapter is just confusing. It takes such a long time for things to unfold, I wondered if continuing on to read would be worth it.

It was worth it, but it wasn't amazing. The plot was interesting. It had an entirely different take on the angel story concept. However, the problem with this book is, it falls into one of the many pitfalls that YA novels are getting into lately. There is always some sort of love triangle, and you guessed it, this book has one. The good thing though? The romance isn't in your face. However, this complicates things because towards the end, I was wondering how Helen, our main character could love her chosen partner when she's only known him for a short time. Not to mention, the interactions between Helen and her chosen partner, are well, short and varied.

Let's not forget, Griffin and Darius, the brother's Helen moves in with, fall into the love hate trap with Helen. One brother likes her, the other doesn't care for her and would prefer to just shove her out of the way to keep doing what they do minus the girl.

Also, I felt as if the characters were a bit transparent and sometimes a bit boring. I found it hard to truly care for any of the characters very deeply. You know, some stories you read and when something terrible happens, you can't help but feel for the character? Yeah, with this one, it wasn't a big deal to me if something major happened.

I rated this mostly based upon plot ideas and the story itself. I haven't rated this much on characters because, character development aside, I could enjoy the story without worrying about character flaws.

View all my reviews Thanks to Library Thing for allowing me to review this novel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.