Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, March 6, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Reunion by Jeff Bennington

ReunionReunion by Jeff Bennington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I believe I had a completely different idea of what this story would be like before I started to read this. I mean, I knew what this was about and I knew there was a paranormal element to this book, but I never imagined the lengths the plot would travel through to come to the ending. It just blows my mind.

At first, the ending was slow. The details the school shooter David enacted before going through with his crimes was a little hard to read. It wasn't horrifying or too graphic, it was just a bit slow and a little hard to continue to read through. I felt the part was done perfectly however. He was a very, very troubled kid. You cannot help but feel for him because no one deserves to be treated as he did, let alone suffer through all the terrible things that were done against him. He was a trouble soul that just could not take it anymore. That of course does not excuse his actions. He had a choice and he choose to commit his crime.

Things lumber along smoothly when we meet up with the main group of survivors from the shooting. Each of them has their own personal conflicts to deal with following the shooting. It seems like a pretty normal story about people trying to put their lives back together after a tragedy. Things however take a very, very strange turn when people begin witnessing paranormal events at the now defunct school building. Crimes are still being committed and it seems they're being done from the inside which is a pretty hard thing to believe. It doesn't seem like a ghost can be behind those things.

Things continue to get weirder and weirder as the story progresses. Things are not what they seem. There are many people hiding secrets that are putting many people at risk. It seems however that David is still suffering and there is only one thing that can be done about it, which I think was the most surprising part of the story!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.