Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sunday, March 4, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1) by Jessica Day George

Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1)Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am not very familiar with fairy tales aside from the ones that everyone knows. I've read other re-tellings of fairy tales without really knowing much about the original story. The same is true about this version of the 12 dancing princesses. I've heard of the tale but I haven't really read the original.

I was intrigued with the main male character Galen. A soldier and a knitter? How cool is that. Also, he's a pretty likable character. He's hard to not like, especially when you get to know him and see just how much bad stuff he's been through. I really appreciated how easily he fit into his new life and wasn't full of himself. It was refreshing to see a male character that wasn't all about himself. I think that's becoming the norm in YA literature. Thankfully, not in this one.

The princesses are likable characters as well. However it seems we only hear about a few of them and not all. Which, I guess when you're dealing with 12 of them, I'm sure it gets awfully hard to keep track of all of those girls. Even so, I feel the story of the hardship created by the curse from the King Under Stone is done wonderfully. It's very obvious how pained and exhausted each girl is over having to dance night after night at the midnight balls.

I really enjoyed this story and I was very happy with the ending!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.