Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I experienced a lot of different emotions reading this book. It was like a crazy roller coaster ride. Sometimes I wondered why I was reading this book, other times I wondered why I couldn't read it any faster. Of course, I also experienced sadness and confusion, just like Kate did during the course of the book.

I really liked Kate. She's a really likable character that's doing a lot of things for her dying mother and she's doing it alone. She's the type of kid that doesn't really have time to be a kid; she's more of a grown up than anything. She's someone that I could really relate to. I'm sure at some point, we've had to grow up a lot faster than we should have and that is what gave Kate such a level head.

At first, I really didn't like the direction this story was taking, but once we got about halfway in, I really started to become immersed in the story and I really wanted to know more. I couldn't believe some of the things that occurred though. This book really did keep me on the edge of my seat. Carter did a great job of not giving things away ahead of time. You know, some stories are so easy to read, you can just tell what's going to happen before it does. Well, not this one. It has so many surprising plot points, it's always a surprise when you read the next paragraph.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.