The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I experienced a lot of different emotions reading this book. It was like a crazy roller coaster ride. Sometimes I wondered why I was reading this book, other times I wondered why I couldn't read it any faster. Of course, I also experienced sadness and confusion, just like Kate did during the course of the book.
I really liked Kate. She's a really likable character that's doing a lot of things for her dying mother and she's doing it alone. She's the type of kid that doesn't really have time to be a kid; she's more of a grown up than anything. She's someone that I could really relate to. I'm sure at some point, we've had to grow up a lot faster than we should have and that is what gave Kate such a level head.
At first, I really didn't like the direction this story was taking, but once we got about halfway in, I really started to become immersed in the story and I really wanted to know more. I couldn't believe some of the things that occurred though. This book really did keep me on the edge of my seat. Carter did a great job of not giving things away ahead of time. You know, some stories are so easy to read, you can just tell what's going to happen before it does. Well, not this one. It has so many surprising plot points, it's always a surprise when you read the next paragraph.
View all my reviews
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
- Review: Eve by Anna Carey
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 5...
- Review: The Agency 2: The Body at the Tower
- Review: Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren D...
- Review: Hickey of the Beast by Isabel Kunkle (ARC)...
- Review: A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink (A...
- Review: The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Time of your Lif...
- Review: Reunion by Jeff Bennington
- Review: Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1...
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at The Ga...
- Review: Camille by Tess Oliver
- ▼ March (13)