Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, March 17, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren Destefano

Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)Fever by Lauren DeStefano
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I feel like this book was amazing this time around. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first book, but I really feel like this book took off and really set the pace for the rest of the story. I cannot wait until the last book.

Rhine is still the same character as she was in the first book-determined and stubborn. With Gabriel at her feet though, she has a lot of things to contend with. As the story progresses, Rhine also picks up a third person that she feels the need to protect at all costs. And she's more determined than ever to find her brother. Even when things do not work out as planned, she really doesn't give up. I like that about her.

Things take a big, big twist though and Rhine really tries to take it like a champ. She tries to make the best out of a bad situation. While I really like that about her character, I cannot help but wonder what will change in the next book. Of course, I'm also imagining all the ways the next book could end.

The pacing is just right. Things are not done too quickly or too slowly. As readers, we get to experience what Rhine experiences at that exact moment. Things are given just enough detail to get us through the story. We do not know too much or too little. This book was simply amazing!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.