Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thursday, March 1, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Camille by Tess Oliver

CamilleCamille by Tess Oliver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'd really like to give this book a 3.5 stars but sadly that's not possible!

I really liked this book. I mean, I really did. I really liked Camille, the main character. She's not your traditional lady and I like that. I like characters that do not always fit the mold. Her caregiver, Dr. Bennett was also an interesting character. He's a nice guy with a lot of secrets to hold, especially when it concerns Camille and her sister.

The paranormal aspect of this novel was pretty good. We have two characters, Camille and Dr. Bennett that spend their time hunting werewolves while attempting to find a cure to prevent the whole mess from happening in the first place. Then, there is Nathaniel Strider, a street rat that has had the unfortunate luck of being bitten by a current werewolf. That sets the whole basis for the story line.

A lot of secrets are uncovered in this story. Things about Camille's life, as well as Dr. Bennett and Emily, Camille's sister. Camille also has a few secrets of her own but they're a bit more obvious than the secrets the other characters harbor.

I think my biggest disappointment and the reason why I gave this book under 4 stars, was how it ended. It just ended on a rather 'blah' note. I expected more, especially after Camille's actions. I expected Dr. Bennett to do more. I expected more to come of what Dr. Bennett presents Camille and Strider with, rather than a few explanations. I just feel as if the current story was unfinished!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.