Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at the Gate by Joss Whedon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This volume of Buffy comics really blew me away. We're really starting to hit a groove I think. The story lines combined with character actions and words are starting to really fall into place with how characters acted on the show.
I think this volume really hit a high point. Things really started to get interesting in this grouping of comics and we're seeing Buffy do something that I thought would NEVER happen. I'm actually quite giddy over that however I'm a bit apprehensive as to where this will go in later comics. I don't want it turned into a running gag and I certainly don't want things to go in a back and forth motion where she's constantly choosing one and then going back to the other. That will be disappointing. Pick one and stick with it!
Also, poor Xander. He cannot catch a break. I was overjoyed and then let down. I thought maybe Xander was back to a good point in his life. However I hope that better things are to come! I'm definitely very excited to to read the next volume.
View all my reviews
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
- Review: Eve by Anna Carey
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 5...
- Review: The Agency 2: The Body at the Tower
- Review: Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren D...
- Review: Hickey of the Beast by Isabel Kunkle (ARC)...
- Review: A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink (A...
- Review: The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Time of your Lif...
- Review: Reunion by Jeff Bennington
- Review: Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1...
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at The Ga...
- Review: Camille by Tess Oliver
- ▼ March (13)