Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Time Of Your Life by Joss Whedon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
For me, this volume of the Buffy comics just didn't live up to the others that I've read. Granted, more things happened that put Buffy and her friends back onto the path of saving the world, when it came down to the end, I felt like the last story in this section was very rushed.
I think one of the most interesting things in this volume however, is that we learn something interesting about Willow that I hadn't expected. Willow of course, is back and in action in the present as a good witch again. She's managed to control her powers and she's not evil. This story touches on future Willow and I'm talking a few hundred years in the future Willow. At this point, I cannot tell if there is more to Willow's future story that we haven't been presented with yet or not. I'll have to read the next books to find out.
This volume not only touches on future aspects of Buffy but it also touches on the past. If you miss Buffy and her days of high school slayering, then you'll enjoy the last story in this volume. It's drawn in a completely different way, which to me, gave it that old time, past type feeling. It's a short lived story though that does not appear to continue to the next volume.
View all my reviews
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
- Review: Eve by Anna Carey
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 5...
- Review: The Agency 2: The Body at the Tower
- Review: Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren D...
- Review: Hickey of the Beast by Isabel Kunkle (ARC)...
- Review: A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink (A...
- Review: The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Time of your Lif...
- Review: Reunion by Jeff Bennington
- Review: Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1...
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at The Ga...
- Review: Camille by Tess Oliver
- ▼ March (13)