Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thursday, March 8, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Time of your Life (Season 8, Vol. 4) by Joss Whedon

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Time Of Your Life (Season 8, Vol. 4)Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Time Of Your Life by Joss Whedon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For me, this volume of the Buffy comics just didn't live up to the others that I've read. Granted, more things happened that put Buffy and her friends back onto the path of saving the world, when it came down to the end, I felt like the last story in this section was very rushed.

I think one of the most interesting things in this volume however, is that we learn something interesting about Willow that I hadn't expected. Willow of course, is back and in action in the present as a good witch again. She's managed to control her powers and she's not evil. This story touches on future Willow and I'm talking a few hundred years in the future Willow. At this point, I cannot tell if there is more to Willow's future story that we haven't been presented with yet or not. I'll have to read the next books to find out.

This volume not only touches on future aspects of Buffy but it also touches on the past. If you miss Buffy and her days of high school slayering, then you'll enjoy the last story in this volume. It's drawn in a completely different way, which to me, gave it that old time, past type feeling. It's a short lived story though that does not appear to continue to the next volume.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.