The Agency 2: The Body At The Tower by Y.S. Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I liked this book a lot more than I liked the first. I feel as if Lee really got her stride going after writing the first novel which meant this novel really took off.
Once again we meet with Mary and the detective agency that she works for. We find out Mary is supposed to work on a case for the commissioner about the new parliament house that is being constructed. Someone has died and it's up to Mary to find out what is really going on.
We meet up with Jame Easton, a character that Mary had contact with in the first book again. Of course he becomes entangled in her plot, just as he did in the first novel, but things take a very different turn during the end when Mary reveals so much more to James about her past that may or may not affect their relationship. Of course, the book ends on such a cliff hanger it's hard to tell what will happen until the next book.
View all my reviews
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
- Review: Eve by Anna Carey
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 5...
- Review: The Agency 2: The Body at the Tower
- Review: Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren D...
- Review: Hickey of the Beast by Isabel Kunkle (ARC)...
- Review: A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink (A...
- Review: The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Time of your Lif...
- Review: Reunion by Jeff Bennington
- Review: Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1...
- Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at The Ga...
- Review: Camille by Tess Oliver
- ▼ March (13)