Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sunday, February 19, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2)The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was really happy to see this book wrap up. I really wanted to know what happened to Ginny's envelope's and I really needed to see how this story ended. It was one of those coming of age stories where you just have to know and I'm glad I finally got around to reading it to find out.

The plot was surprising and a different take on what I had expected. I'm not really sure what I expected but what I got wasn't what I expected at all. I expected Ginny's envelope quest to be a lot different. I expected another quest where Ginny went by herself or took her friend, Keith to accomplish the last task. I was not expecting two new additions to her quest completion team.

I liked seeing Ginny in this new light, so willing to accomplish tasks without other's help. I really liked seeing Ginny stand up for what she believed in even while being pushed to her limits by someone that seemed so uncaring and seemed to only be looking out for themselves. It proves that her Aunt's trip really made her learn a lot more about herself than we previously thought in the first.

I am a little disappointed in how the book ended however. I expected Ginny to do something more to help her new acquaintance even after the things he did, even if she didn't really do much at all to her other than attempt to gain some money from the trip. I expected more on the story line surrounding him. He's such a big part of the story, and then in the end, he's just tossed aside and she goes home with her uncle like it didn't happen. That was upsetting.

Otherwise, good story and a nice way to wrap things up.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.