Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Friday, February 17, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendra Blake (Anna #1)

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I first started reading this book, I really wondered what I was getting myself into. It seems like such a strange concept-some kid goes out ghost hunting and killing all of those murderous ghosts that harm the living. I mean, murderous ghosts? A kid ghost hunter? It's a trippy topic. However, the more I read the book, the more I grew to love it.

Cas, the main character and ghost hunter is a strange character. He definitely has a past and has perfectly good reasons for doing what he does, but at times, he's an unlikable character because of his job. He's turned into someone that is uncaring. He seems, at times unlovable. I mean, he practically admits at one point in the book that he uses people when he's at a new location, to get the information that he wants and that's it. He's able to read people in his school's so much, he knows who he can go to, how to approach them and how to make it seem like he cares, when he really doesn't. He only cares about killing ghosts. That made it hard to like him at times.

I like his mother, but as usual, this book falls victim to push-over parent syndrome that is becoming quite common in YA literature. It's pretty much explained away as, she knows he'll just do it anyway, so she lets him do it. His mother otherwise, is a likable character and once you get to know the kids he's hanging out with at school, they're likable characters too.

My other pet peeve is how the murders of three teens were played out. They were just thrown out, made to seem rather unimportant. Not a lot of attention is given to the murders. It's a little illogical really. Granted, I know this is fiction, it's just strange that no one really noticed anything strange. The kids were never accused of anything either. It is very illogical.

However, this was a good book if you can look past a few minor flaws. The story is a horror story. There are parts of this that are too creepy and I'd rather not think about them if I can. So, if you want a horror story, this is it.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.