Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 | By: Traci

Comic Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future for You by Joss Whedon

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future For You (Season 8, Vol. 2)Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future For You by Joss Whedon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think that this volume of Season 8 was much better than the first. I think we had a lot of setting up to do in the first volume. We had to learn where everyone was and what happened since the the last war and the destruction of Sunnydale. Now, we're left catching up with more characters and finding out a lot more about them that we had known in the past.

One character that I really liked catching up with was Faith. It's apparent by looking at the front cover, Faith is back in the picture. It's no surprise that things between Faith and Buffy are still strained. Buffy still doesn't trust her. I have yet to decide if I trust her myself. I'll find out in due time I suppose.

I feel as if Whedon really hit his stride with this one. We're back to the same old antics from characters. Willow is still Willow with her crazy explanations and messed up magic. Xander is still his sweet, but silly self. He tries hard to make those around him feel loved and cared for, but yet, he's still silly and still panics easily when presented with certain situations.

They're starting to feel like the characters from the show now. I hope the trend continues and the story continues to fast paced and smooth. I do not want the characters to become stale or lose too much of how they were on TV. That's my fear at this point.

However I am enjoying the story and I cannot wait to see where it goes from there.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.