Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home by Joss Whedon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I did know about the Buffy comics until several months ago. When I found out it was indeed a continuation of the show, I just had to read it. I just needed to know where things went after the show ended. I really hated how the show ended too. It just seemed to wrap up, but yet with so many lose ends.
I think, my favorite thing about this volume is how so many characters that we knew from the show (whether we loved or hated them) are returning. And, it's nice to see the way they return. Honestly, I didn't expect some characters to show their faces ever again! Based upon how things ended on the show, I simply expected certain characters to be dead or lost. I never expected them to return or return having such a big impact on Buffy's current life.
True to the show, Buffy still has sister problems, she still has novice slayer problems and things still have a tendency to go wrong. However, Buffy still works hard to protect the innocents and she still works hard to try and keep her sister happy. Oh and by the way, Dawn has some big problems herself! I'm in love so far with the series and cannot wait until I can read more. I have Volume 2 ready with the rest of the volumes on their way so it won't take me long to get through them!
View all my reviews
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Comic Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future ...
- Comic Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long W...
- Review: The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Comic Review: Charmed TPB Volume 2 (Zenescope)
- Comic Review: Charmed TPB Volume 1 (Zenescope)
- Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen J...
- Review: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendra Blake (Ann...
- Comic Review: Angel #17: The Cordelia Special
- Comic Review: Angel #15 and #16
- Comic Review: Angel # 14
- Comic Review: Angel #12 and #13
- Comic Review: Angel #10 and #11
- Comic Review: Angel #8, #9
- Comic Review: Angel # 5, #6, #7
- Review: A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Comic Review: Angel # 4
- ▼ February (16)