Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Friday, January 20, 2012 | By: Traci

Switched by Amanda Hocking (ARC)

SwitchedSwitched by Amanda Hocking
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I liked this story, I had a few issues that made it a little hard for me to fall completely in love with.

The opening of this book is attention grabbing but it falls a tad flat of being amazing. The scene is set wonderfully but when it comes to the incident between Wendy and her mother that sets her entire life in motion it is put out there in kind of a 'yeah this happened so what' type of idea.

It's also hard to sympathize with a character that is given everything she ever wanted, sheltered and protected so much. She's pretty spoiled even if she doesn't act like a spoiled brat; parts of it still shine through. While I understand this is supposed to be within her nature, it's an annoying trait.

I liked reading about her life as a princess in her new community once she's found out she's actually a changeling child. Her mother however is another character that is hard to understand. Maybe she's hard to understand because she's from a different world and species than we are used to. She's very cold and doesn't treat her daughter as if she loves her. Whenever she comes home, she greets her and that is it.

I feel like so much more could have gone into writing this book that would have made it wonderfully better. I feel like if it were a little longer, pieces of this work could have been fleshed out to add more interesting pieces and parts to help us understand this world.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.