Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, January 7, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Under the Moon (Goddess Rising #1) by Natalie J. Damschroder (ARC)

Under the Moon (Goddesses Rising, Book 1)Under the Moon by Natalie J. Damschroder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was a bit apprehensive at reading this book at first but now I'm glad I did. The goddess concept is starting to trickle into literature now but it hasn't really taken off. I think it's such a hard thing to do correctly to turn it into a great read. However, I'm very happy I read this. It was such a great book.

There were a few concepts that were a little strange to me, but otherwise, I think the aspect of women having goddess powers and being able to do supernatural things was amazing. The things the women could do were pretty cool. I liked that each woman had their own power source even if they were a tad identical, they all had different ways to tapping into their individual power and the ways they used their powers.

There was a good mix of action and and downtime where the characters were racing to find out what happened to each individual goddess, and how each character fit into their own place within the plot. Also, things weren't just handed away like they are in so many other stories. You were given a chance to figure it out on your own with the characters. As the characters were lead one way, you were lead that way, believing it could be one person when a chapter later you were presented with another aspect that had you believing it was someone else. It was not predictable which is very refreshing!

If you're looking for a good read, that has romance but is more than romance this is the book for you!

Thanks to NetGalley for allowing me to review this book.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.