Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Friday, January 13, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Tempest (Tempest #1) by Julie Cross

Tempest (Tempest #1)Tempest by Julie Cross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Forget everything you thought you knew about time travel. This book doesn't follow your typical time traveling ideas. It goes in a different direction, one where those born with the Tempus gene are followed, sometimes even put to death because they don't do what they want them to do.

Jackson is as typical as a 19 year old can be, the only thing different about him is he can time travel and his best friend Adam knows about his abilities. The two work together, conducting their own experiments concerning Jackson's abilities but things quickly go terribly wrong. Jackson is now stuck in the year 2007 and he's not quite sure how he can get back.

At first, it was tough trying to figure out if this book would be something that I would enjoy. However, the deeper I got into the story, the more I became interested and the more I was rooting for Jackson. I wanted things to work out for him. I really didn't want him to go through sacrifices but I understood why he had to.

This story made me really consider what I would change if I had the ability to travel in time. Would I change anything? Would I follow the same course? Or would I have the ability to walk away and let things go in a completely different way if I knew things would work out better if I just walked away?

It really does make you think which I think is different than most YA novels out there today. They tell a story without bringing up other issues.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.