Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Wednesday, January 4, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber (ARC)

Darker Still: A Novel of Magic Most FoulDarker Still: A Novel of Magic Most Foul by Leanna Renee Hieber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really loved this book. I was a bit surprised at the beginning. I was not expecting to meet a YA character that was mute. That definitely put a different spin on YA characters and I think it was great to have a different type of voice among the typical YA characters we see today.

With that being said, I really enjoyed this story. I liked the historical aspect of it. While we know we're in a different time period, we don't hear a lot about the historical aspects, but it still put a nice spin on things. Also, there was a nice hint of magic, even if the main characters do not engage in magic themselves, they are dealing with magic and not the good kind.

I think Hieber was very clever with her usage of magic and the painting itself being used a doorway or portal where only some can pass but not all. Once again, this isn't something that I've really seen before. I feel that Hieber took magic and infused it with all sorts of aspects from different types of magic from across different cultures and turned them into quite the clever and amazing story. This is a must read. Thanks to NetGalley for allowing me to review this book.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.