Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sunday, January 15, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (ARC)

CinderCinder by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While this is a brilliant retelling of a futuristic Cinderella, it took such a long time to wrap my mind around the concept of the story, it took me awhile to really begin enjoying the story. Not only are we dealing with a cyborg Cinderella, we're also dealing with plague that's killing off people by the thousands all over the world, and a race of people from a planet called Luna that is bent on starting another war with the world. It's just a lot of things to take in when reading this book, so it takes awhile to get used to everything.

However, once we start digging deeper, it starts to become interesting. It's really easy to see all the similarities between the Cinderella story that we know, and the story that we're reading, even if it is a completely different world that we are dealing with.

One thing really bugged me about this story though, and I won't give it away, but when we find out one aspect of the Luna peoples, I quickly was able to put two and two together as to how Cinder was involved. It really wasn't a surprise when it's revealed towards the end either. That was disappointing because it was just so blatantly obvious it really took away from the story in my opinion. Otherwise, it was wonderfully written and I would like to read more!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.