Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 | By: Traci

Review: Blood Rights by Kristen Painter

Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1)Blood Rights by Kristen Painter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really liked the concept of this book. A lot of vampire novels touch on people that live to serve vampire's. Most of them though are considered dirty, filthy beings for wanting to live and serve vampires. Of course, in this novel, the people that serve vampires are actually breed for the service. They live lives of luxury with their vampire patron, feeding them whenever their patron wishes or needs to feed. The downside to serving vampires as a commare? If you're not fed upon, you could die from blood poisoning.

It really made for an interesting story. There is a mixture of paranormal abilities with a hint of mystery and a lot of action. The characters each have their own crosses to bare if you will. Some of them are a lot more interesting than others. However, for me, I just wasn't as attached to these characters as I get when reading other stories.

Something about this book is a little lacking and as of this time, I cannot quite put my finger on it. Usually when I finish books, I just have to read on. I have to know more. With the ending of this, while a little sad and depressing, I just can't bring myself, at this point, to say that I have to read the next book to find out what happens.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.