So I've never been one for comics but there are so many shows on TV that were canceled that I miss. I watch reruns when I can but it's still a pain to not see anything new from these shows. After purchasing some the Charmed Graphic novels to catch up where that show left off, I bought the Angel series on a whim. The graphics are great. We open with Angel interrogating some demons and move on to Cordelia working in the detective agency office that she runs with Angel. She reviews some things about Angel's life that you may or may not know before Doyle comes in to let her know Angel is missing. Angel is hearing a case story from a woman whose husband is missing. Angel ends up alone. The first ends on a cliff hanger. We're left wondering whether or not Angel will make it out of his predicament. I'm glad I purchased the entire series otherwise I'd be really, really angry! I think my biggest issue with comics is I'm always afraid how the characters are portrayed won't be the same as watching the show but so far, Cordelia and Angel seem spot on. It will be interesting to see how the story progresses from there!
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM | By: Traci
Angel: Surrogates #1 | Product Details | Dark Horse Digital Comics
Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.
- Comic Review: Angel Surrogates # 3
- Comic Review: Angel: Surrogates #2 |Dark Horse Dig...
- Comic Review: Angel: Surrogates #1 (Dark Horse Com...
- Review: Revealing Eden: Save The Pearls Part One ...
- Switched by Amanda Hocking (ARC)
- Review: Blood Rights by Kristen Painter
- Mailbox Monday #13
- Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (ARC)
- Review: Tempest (Tempest #1) by Julie Cross
- Review: Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynne Barnes (...
- Review: Under the Moon (Goddess Rising #1) by Nat...
- Review: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber (ARC)
- Review: Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder (ARC)
- My Most Anticipated Books of 2012
- ▼ January (14)