Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thursday, December 1, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Nobody's Princess by Esther M. Friesner

Nobody's PrincessNobody's Princess by Esther M. Friesner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really like this book. It was definitely something different, something that I've never really read before. I liked reading about Helen's younger years. While I am not too familiar with Greek stories, I do enjoy mythology and reading about people worshiping gods in a different way.

I liked seeing Helen rebel. I liked her spirit and her go getting attitude. I'm more surprised at how easily so many people were at letting her do things that were not common for a girl, or a girl so young. Yes, some characters do break the mold, but not many do. I guess I'm more surprised at how willing Helen is to lie to her parents and people meant to protect her for her own personal gain.

My only real complaint about this story is how it sometimes tends to drag on a bit. It doesn't happen often, but it does and it's a little frustrating. I will say though, I am a bit disappointed that this book wasn't longer! I have the second and I can begin reading it at any time, I just hoped that I would have more to read! It was such a short little snippet I'm ready to read the next as soon as I can!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.