Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, December 17, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Haint Misbehavin' by Maureen Hardegree (ARC)

Haint Misbehavin'Haint Misbehavin' by Maureen Hardegree
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought this was a cute book about a girl that just can't catch a break, and ends up even worse off when she realizes that she can see ghosts, and one ghost in particular isn't about to let her catch a break either.

I really liked Heather, the main character and I really couldn't help but feeling for her character as she suffered through all of the trouble her sister put her through, not to mention her sister's friends. She really has a tough time. She just can't win and if you're a young girl reading this book, you'd probably fall in love with her right away because I'm sure you can find qualities of yourself in Heather. She's just a normal girl, well a girl that can see ghosts. And that certainly complicates matters.

Audrey, Heather's older sister made me despise her instantly and I kept waiting for her time to come, where something would happen to her that would put her in her place, but sadly nothing really did happen. Nothing big, or nothing punishing enough, at least in my opinion.

One aspect that I found a bit strange was how Heather received knowing that Amy, the girl she saw around her father's grapes was in fact a ghost. It seemed to go too smoothly. I'm not sure that someone that hasn't seen a ghost before or interacted with a ghost before, especially a teenager, could take to knowing the girl she's conversing with is indeed a ghost. However, things seem to get better for Heather and she does get better at interacting with Amy and working to try and help her. At first it's just her being annoyed and frustrated and wanting nothing more to do with her ghost pal because hey, she's a teen on summer vacation. Of course she has better things to do.

I'm interested in reading the second book in this series because it was a fun, light read. I would like to know where Heather goes next with her abilities, not to mention what happens to her next.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.