Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Friday, December 23, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke, Leslie Meier, Laura Levine

Gingerbread Cookie MurderGingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I bought this book for two reasons: One is part of the $1 deal on my kindle and two I was looking for something fun to read for Christmas. I'm glad I got this.

This really is a cute, light, christmassy read for the holidays. I was able to read it in one day and I had fun doing it. This book is a collection of three novella's all dealing with Christmas mysteries.

The first novella deals with an annoying neighbor that winds up dead. Our lead character is accused of the murder at first but upon digging deeper, she realizes that the murderer is someone close to her!

The second deals with a woman visiting her parents in Florida for Christmas. A wealthy doctor in the retirement community ends up dead during a community play which leads everyone to question which lady could be responsible. The dead doctor played a lot of them so it could have been anyone except the most obvious.

And the third deals with the kidnapping of a young child from what the town considers to be questionable parents. Local reporter Lucy Stone feels for the boy and even the family until something about the entire situation doesn't make sense. What turns out to be a tragedy turns into a miracle.

This is a collection of cute stories that while dealing with murder and crimes have a nice flair for the holidays. They remind us of the bad things about the seasons and yet, the good things too. If you need something fast to read, but fun for the holidays, this is it!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.