Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Forbidden by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee (ARC)

Forbidden (The Books of Mortals, #1)Forbidden by Ted Dekker
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This synopsis of this book sounds like this is an amazing book. It really does. However, it just didn't blow me away.

I found the concept interesting. This is something that hasn't been done before, and it's execution for the reasoning behind how the human body lost all emotions except Fear was good. However, the execution of the entire book just wasn't that great.

I felt that there were a lot of internal dialogues that were full of questions. Instead of full thoughts we're met with question after question. Sometimes these questions span several paragraphs and even continue onto the next page. It was boring and sometimes hard to read.

I feel that the first two chapters were great; they pulled you in and really made you want to read more, but after the opening, the books becomes drab, hard to read and full of thoughts that are disjointed or are full of telling more than showing. Also, some parts of the story were not surprising. They were predictable. I saw things coming before they happened which didn't make for a great story either.

Also, the characters were really one dimensional. Sure, you could argue that the characters were the way they were because they lacked emotions, but really, they were not deep reaching people. Saric had only one intention. He behaved only one way. Avra, Rom's friend and love interest behaved one way. I could go on but I will save that for you to determine on your own. The way the characters were written just did not pull me in or make me like them in any way.

View all my reviews

This book was provided to me by NetGalley for review.

1 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Willow, I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and commenting on my post about my kitty who passed away. Unfortunately we've had the misfortune of losing yet another cat since we moved into our new home, and so our family has 2 empty spots now instead of one. The cat we lost most recently was still a kitten, under a year old, and was eating, playing, and purring in my arms just before she died. I have no idea what happened to her, it happened so suddenly. I'm so sorry to hear that you have also lost a kitty recently, it's unfair that pets should ever die and it's always devastating. =( I'm sure yours knew that you loved her even though you were away from her often but I understand that the guilt can be unbearable. After losing a pet, it always feels as if there is something we could have done to prevent it or to make our pet happier before it happened.

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.