Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, December 10, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel

Dearly, DepartedDearly, Departed by Lia Habel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OK, I have to admit, I was really skeptical about reading this book and liking it. This was a completely different book concept, one that I'm not really used to. I have read zombie novels before, but this one, this one is completely different.

We have a world that is far beyond ours, where the people have gone back to the Victorian way of living with extremely advanced technology and a world where zombies exist. The thing is, these zombies may or may not want to eat your flesh. The amazing thing about this zombie virus is that some zombies are still capable of living without acting aggressively or violently.

I did enjoy the world of New Victoria. I'm fascinated by all things Victorian so I thought it was a really interesting concept to see the world go back to a different way of living. There is also a bit of steam punk within this book too so if you're a steam punk fan you may enjoy this novel.

I fell in love with our main character Nora. She's not entirely enamored with the ways of New Victoria, but she follows them enough. She has a good personality, and her back story is painfully sad and it makes you very angry when you find out a lot more about what lead her to where she is.

Bram, a coherent non-violent zombie is also a wonderful character as well. We actually open with his story and we meet up with him again later once Bram rescue's Nora from an attack. These characters are all so wonderfully written, I almost hated to read the ending for fear that something would happen to these characters that I've become fond of.

This was wonderfully written even if it was still a bit hard to wrap my mind around the story. I grew to love it and I would like to know more about this world.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.