Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: A Clockwork Christmas by J.K Coi, P.G Forte, Stacy Gail, Jenny Schwartz

A Clockwork ChristmasA Clockwork Christmas by Angela James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a collection of four steampunk novella's based upon Christmas themes.

Crime Wave in a Corset by Stacy Gail
This Winter Heart by PG Forte
Wanted: One Scoundrel by Jenny Schwartz
Far From Broken by JK Coi

I think this book started off strong. Crime Wave in a Corset was by far my favorite novella in this book. This was your classic bad person realizes they're not so bad after all story. I really liked it. This one was really strong in the Christmas theme.

The second one, This Winter Heart was also good. I really liked it. Christmas was a theme but it was sort of passed over. We know it's coming but we don't see a lot of it in this story and that is what I was really interested in. Stories with Christmas themes.

Wanted: One Scoundrel has a fleeting glimpse of winter celebrations. Now we start going down hill. The story line was cute although towards the end I really didn't care to be reading the story. I was just ready to finish.

By the time I reached Far From Broken, I was pretty much done with this book. I skipped around a lot. This one just wasn't as good as the others. Either that, or I was just tired of pretty much the same theme, guy either wants girl or has done girl wrong and wants so badly to be forgiven.

My overall opinion was, this started out strong and was very promising but by the end, I was kind of done. Overall, not a bad compilation but I really wanted stronger Christmas/seasonal themes. This is the biggest reason why I picked up this book.

Thanks to NetGalley for allowing me the chance to review this book.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.