Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Friday, November 4, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I first started reading this series, I really wasn't sure how much I would like it. It was definitely outside of the normal vampire fiction that I was reading, but slowly, I'm really starting to get into this novel.

At first, I found Rose to be a really unlikable character. She was annoying, rude, crass and very hot headed. Thankfully, in this novel, Rose is starting to develop into a likable character. She's starting to grow, learn more things about life and herself, and finally, she's starting to stand up for herself.

I think my biggest issue so far with these novels has been the idea that these protectors of the vampire families have nothing to do but to care for and protect someone else. I'm really happy to see that this idea is starting to fall through for Rose and she's starting to think about herself. I'm also happy to see other ideas in the Vampire Academy world are beginning to change but I won't go into that here. That's something that really needs to be read yourself as a reader to fully understand and appreciate.

With all of that being said, I found this novel to really be heartbreaking. Rose is a character that doesn't have much. Sure, she has friends, but that is about all she has going for her. She's slowly starting to gain respect, but respect isn't everything. Her mother is off fighting, barely around to see her. She doesn't call and she certainly doesn't show a lot of love or give her any attention. There is not father in the picture, so naturally, certain plot aspects of this novel were heartbreaking. It was painful to see Rose finally gain something that she felt to be precious only to have it taken away in the worst way possible.

All in all, I feel that this is the best of the books I have read so far and the ending of this is really setting up the next book for a great adventure with more information unfolding about this very strange world that I can only assume we still have not learned everything about.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.