Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: The Merchant's Daughter (ARC) by Melanie Dickerson

The Merchant's DaughterThe Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I really wanted to like this story line, something about it just wasn't sitting well with me. The main character Annabel just seemed a tad flat. She was always one sided; she always acted one way, refused to act another way. She is a very rigid character. While I enjoyed reading about her life, and while I hated how her family treated her, she was treated as more of a money-maker rather than a human with feelings. I really disliked how they wanted nothing more to do with her other than money.

I liked the Lord of the story. He was hard to read, tough on the outside, soft on the inside. It seems his transition to thinking differently other than how he originally thought, occurs a lot easier than Annabel's did.

I was aware that this was a more religious centered book when I wanted it for review, but I was able to read objectively. I was surprised to read that the religious aspects were a lot more free thinking than I had expected. I was expecting something more rigid, more this is the only true way. While some people hold those beliefs, it does not ring true for everyone in this story.

And I will admit, I was rooting for Annabel to finally come to her senses and see that love, rather than a nunnery is where she belonged. So I was interested in seeing how she would come to her senses.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.