Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Monday, November 7, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell (ARC)

CraveCrave by Melissa Darnell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is your classic tale of star crossed romance. One that feels so great but really is oh so wrong for many reasons. However, this is a different take I think on forbidden romances. The paranormal twist is nice. We have a group of people that have magical powers and abilities called The Clann that control the use of powers. Tristan is the son of the leader and Savannah comes from a family that was forced to leave the Clann because her mother married a Vampire and had Savannah as the result.

Savannah is always kept in the dark. While we read a lot of stories where teens are kept from knowing their magical heritage, you would think it gets boring. I don't think this story was boring or overly done. I think the author went about it in a great way, portraying all the ways a concerned family might work to keep their beloved child safe.

I really like how magic is portrayed. There are rules and while people in the story use magic, they don't overly use it. Sometimes their uses are more practical helping accomplish a household task, other times it's used for protection or training. My favorite aspect of magic we see in this book has to been dream connecting. It's quite fascinating really.

Also, I'm really rooting for these two. This is kind of like a modern take on Romeo and Juliet except it has a paranormal twist rather than the usual boy and girl can't date. I am really excited to read the next.

Thanks for NetGalley for allowing me to review this book!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.