Diagnosis Death by Richard L. Mabry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
While I enjoyed the story line and the plot, I wasn't completely immersed in this story and that is why I had to give this book a 3 star rating. The story is interesting, but for some odd reason, there are several points within this book where the story seems to drag on a bit before picking back up and getting interesting.
And while Elena is a likable character, she's sort of set up as a one dimensional character. She's a woman that just left a residency job after the death of her husband. That's about it. We see her slowly work through her grief of losing her husband a few months prior but even that plot seems to take a back seat to the story after several chapters.
The mystery portion was a good idea but for some reason, it just didn't play out well. It seems like it was just put out there, it was over with quickly and we don't get a lot of explanation except for a few spoken words at the end while everyone is at a public restaurant.
Also, there is one small plot portion where we don't hear a lot more about it. This character was turned into the cops, we find out it wasn't their first time and that's about it.
The book is a fast read however. It's not filled with too many boring details or situations that have no relevance to the plot. It's just the story and nothing else. Not a bad read but not exceptional either.
View all my reviews
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Mailbox Monday # 12
- Reminder: Spooktacular Blog Hop
- Review: Diagnosis Death by Richard L. Mabry
- Review: Jenny Pox by J.L Bryan
- Review: Dead of Night: A Zombie Novel by Jonathan ...
- WV Book Festival Recap
- SPOOKTACULAR Blog Hop Giveaway
- Review: The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady C...
- Review: Warrior (Dragons of Starlight #2) by Bryan...
- Upcoming Event: The West Virginia Book Festival
- Mailbox Monday # 11
- Review: The Predicteds by Christine Seifert
- Review: Life's a Beach by Claire Cook
- Review: Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
- Review: The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten by Harris...
- Review: All Good Children by Catherine Austen (ARC...
- Mailbox Monday # 10
- Review: The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates (ARC)...
- Review: Deviant by Adrian McKinty (ARC)
- ▼ October (19)