Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thursday, October 20, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Warrior (Dragons of Starlight #2) by Bryan Davis (ARC)

Warrior (Dragons Of Starlight, #2)Warrior by Bryan Davis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book begins pretty might right where the last book left off, which I think is a good thing. It helps us jump right into the story line without having to try too hard to remember where we left off.

I wasn't too happy with this book though. While the first book immersed us into the world, this book began in the world and jumped back and forth between the plane of dragons and enslaved humans, and the world where humans currently live as free people, it just didn't seem to be full of the same descriptive properties of the first novel. I felt like I wanted to know more and to experience more rich imagery than I was receiving.

Also, for me the story was kind of slow. It seemed to me that while we learn many surprising things about the dragon world, prophecies and the startling truth about a few characters, it just didn't pick up until we're almost at the end and we're trying to find out what is going to happen with the dragon plot. We're left wondering which set of dragons to cheer for, and we're left wondering what will happen to Tibber and Elyssa back on Darksphere. There are many more holes opening up that will have to be filled by the next book because there are just so many things that are left open.

While I enjoyed reading this one, I felt that it could have been written in a more appealing manner. Fight scenes between humans and dragons seemed quite rushed, weren't descriptive and were over before you realize what's going on. The first book had a much slower pace which I think suited it better. It's much easier to immerse yourself in the first and much harder than in this one.

Thanks to Goodreads for allowing me to read and review this book.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.