Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, October 8, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten by Harrison Geillor (ARC)

Rating: 3 out of 5


Summary: Welcome to the next Twilight parody. In this novel, we read about Bonnie Grayduck, a sociopath who moves from Santa Cruz to Lake Woebegotten because some things back home are pointing to Bonnie and her mother things her leaving town is the best thing for her to do. Then Bonnie comes across the Scullens and the Scales and of course falls in love with Edwin.  This book has it all, supernatural love, killing, blood sucking beasts, murder, and a wedding to tie up all loose ends.

My thoughts: I really wasn't sure what to expect with a Twilight parody but I wasn't too impressed. I think my biggest issue was how the book was written. Something about it was just a little bothersome. I feel as if the characters did a lot of talking in rounds about the same thing which made it a little difficult to enjoy but I know it was written a certain way for effects.

This book was funny though and I can see how the book incorporated some parts of Twilight in it. I think it's funny that Bonnie is a sociopath that's committed several crimes and has the urge to do it again. Also, I like how she muses about her brooding ways, even though she wouldn't do that because she has no need.

If you're looking for a Twilight parody that is sort of funny, but not laugh out loud funny, then this would be a nice book to read. But, be forewarned, this book was quite a few surprising moments that I really never expected to happen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.