Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, October 22, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5)The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked this novella. It was interesting to see Finley in her days before she began working with other individuals to take down a mad man with his machines. I wasn't exactly sure how everything in this book would connect to the first book in the series, but it quickly became clear right before the book ended.

It was touching, rather sad really and while depressing, it was kind of shocking. I think I would have been more shocked by the story if I hadn't figured out what Lord Vincent was planning before it was actually revealed. That's sort of a pet peeve of mine when it comes to books. I'm not a big fan of books that tend to give away a major part of the plot before it actually occurs. It ruins the story.

I was going to give this book a three star rating but after reading through the end, I had to give it a better rating. I really thought the point where Finley and Lord Vincent met and fought was well written. It was action packed, not overly done, not rushed and descriptive.

I think one of my other issues with this novella was how easily and willing Finley's newest employer, Lady Morton was to employ her even after hearing what she did that cause her to be fired in the first place. While I understand her wanting protection for her daughter after she realized something wasn't right with her daughter's engagement, I'm just have a hard time believing that someone would be so willing to employ someone that someone else has considered 'dangerous'.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.