Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thursday, October 13, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Life's a Beach by Claire Cook

Life's a BeachLife's a Beach by Claire Cook
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I got this book from Amazon, it was free so I figured why not, I'd try it. It wasn't a bad book, but it wasn't amazing either. This was definitely chick-lit at it's finest and it was definitely a pretty easy read too.

I think my biggest issue with this book was the fact that the characters kind of lacked substance. Ginger is our main character. We know that she live's at home in an above garage apartment at her parent's house because she's single, 40 and without a job while her sister Geri has all of that and three kids. We know that Ginger is dating a glass blower named Noah but that relationship is really hit or miss and kind of going nowhere. And, well that's about all we know about Ginger. There isn't a lot of internal thoughts. Everything Ginger feels is really played out in the conversations that we see between her and other characters. I feel as if we don't really get to know a lot about how she really feels until she decides to leave the hotel she's staying at and drive home in an attempt to find out what it is she truly wants.

Also, there isn't much romance in this book either if that is something you're looking for. Yes it's talked about but Ginger tends to shy away from these things, preferring to move from place to place rather than settle down. So we don't actually see much of a relationship until the end.

All in all, not a bad read but it's not something that I'd return to again and again.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.