Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
For some odd reason, while I still enjoyed reading this book about my fast becoming friend Sookie and her dealings with supernatural beings, this book just wasn't as good as all the others. While, I did enjoy the story, I just wasn't happy with how the story was executed.
With were's being shot and some killed, the killer is caught pretty fast. It happens suddenly. You're not expecting it. There isn't really a big build up to it at all. Then, when it's over, well that is that. It's just over. Of course, Sookie has to deal with Andy and other police professionals, but it's not really made out to be a big deal. There isn't a big climatic build up and then, we're hit with a huge let down.
Then, when things turn interesting more towards the end, it happens pretty fast. We realize that Sookie, once again was sort of duped, but so was Eric. That's sort of surprising, and of course, we're not expecting that person to be at fault, but the ending is fast. It's almost half hearted as if Harris just wanted to get it done and over with.
Definitely not the best True Blood novel but it's still an OK read. I'm hoping that the next book has more interesting things than what happened in this one!
View all my reviews
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Mailbox Monday # 12
- Reminder: Spooktacular Blog Hop
- Review: Diagnosis Death by Richard L. Mabry
- Review: Jenny Pox by J.L Bryan
- Review: Dead of Night: A Zombie Novel by Jonathan ...
- WV Book Festival Recap
- SPOOKTACULAR Blog Hop Giveaway
- Review: The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady C...
- Review: Warrior (Dragons of Starlight #2) by Bryan...
- Upcoming Event: The West Virginia Book Festival
- Mailbox Monday # 11
- Review: The Predicteds by Christine Seifert
- Review: Life's a Beach by Claire Cook
- Review: Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
- Review: The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten by Harris...
- Review: All Good Children by Catherine Austen (ARC...
- Mailbox Monday # 10
- Review: The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates (ARC)...
- Review: Deviant by Adrian McKinty (ARC)
- ▼ October (19)