Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, September 3, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: The Shattering by Karen Healey (ARC)

The Shattering
Rating: 4 out of 5
The Shattering
Summary: Release Date September 5, 2011 Keri is always prepared for everything but she's not prepared for what to do when her only brother Jake, commits suicide. Her family struggles with his death only for Keri to become reunited with her old best friend Janna that has something shocking to tell her. Jake's death might not be a suicide after all but something else entirely. Keri and Janna, along with Sione, a boy that also lost his brother in strange circumstances work together to find the killer's. They don't expect to come across magic and a coven of witches that just want to keep their town of Summerton safe.

My thoughts: The beginning of this book was a little confusing at first. I really expected something different entirely so it was shocking when things seemed relatively normal in the beginning. It was a bit slow in the beginning but things began to pick up especially after we meet Sione and he shows Keri and Janna proof that there are more suspicious death's in the area. I think the most shocking things in this story are the culprits. I really didn't expect some of the characters to be involved. It's revealed early on whom one of those characters are, but the others are kind of strange people to include.

The ending is just about heartbreaking too. When Keri finds out the truth about her brother Jake, it's quite sad and as a reader, I didn't want it to be true. I wanted a better ending for Keri than what we were given but it makes for a good story. I received this title from NetGalley for review. 

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Looking forward to reading this. Right now I am in a book slump so a slow start won't work for me, but I will pick it up soon.

Great review!

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.