Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, August 9, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Rating: 4 out of 5
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Summary: In the final book of The Hunger Games, Katniss, her mother and her sister Prim are living in District 13. Once thought destroyed, Katniss realizes it's buzzing full of life underground, and The Rebels have taken to working slowly on how they can destroy the capital once and for all. She tries to adjust to the very regimented life at District 13, and their plans to rescue Peeta from the Capital.  Finally, Katniss is given the chance to go into the Capital to fight, after all, she wants to be the one to kill President Snow.  However, once The Rebels have secured the Capital, and at great losses, Katniss must determine if District 13 has been using her much like the Capital did before.

My thoughts: I enjoyed the final installment, and I really liked the storyline. This was all out war and people did die, but sometimes I wonder if those characters were simply killed off because they could be. Also, my second annoyance with this last book was there are some things that kind of seem left open. We never really find out certain aspects about Katniss and her ties to District 13 which I would really like to know. It just doesn't seem like things are neatly tied up. I guess I'm one of those people that like all of the loose ends tied up and with nothing left open. I know that's not how everyone feels however.

I really like how Collins plays out Katniss and her feelings at the end. I feel as if she really did get to the root of how someone in her situation would feel. I am also glad to see that the districts are finally trying to go back to how they were before the wars even though I feel as if the idea of Districts should be eliminated since the war is over and the capital isn't holding Hunger Games anymore. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wanted a longer epilogue with more information than we were given. All in all, it was a nice wrap up to the series.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.