Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sunday, July 31, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

Bad Girls Don't Die
Rating: 5 out of 5

Bad Girls Don't DieSummary: Alexis lives with her parents and 13 year old sister Kasey. Things at home aren't the best, but they're not so bad. Alexis tends to get herself in trouble at school though. However, things start to get a bit strange in their old house. Her sister Kasey starts acting strange, seeming to switch personalities, and she has black outs; bits of time where she can't remember the things she's done . When Alexis' and Kasey's father is in a car accident, they assume it was just that, an accident until Alexis remembers running into Kasey in the hallway the morning before the accident. She seemed off, and she was sure she had been in the garage. Slowly, things start to unfold and we learn that the house they've lived in for years is hiding a secret, a ghost that just won't leave and her next victim is Kasey.

My thoughts: I read this book in one day, it was that good. I really liked the two aspects of this novel. At first it seems like we're just dealing with someone that could possibly have a personality disorder, but then, when we read more into the story, we actually realize there is a paranormal side that is threatening to ruin everything everyone knows about this small town and old house.

I really liked Alexis' character and really hated how everyone was so ready to blame her for everything. I really was drawn in because I kept getting angry when those closest to the sisters ignored exactly what was right in front of them. It just seemed so very obvious but maybe it was just me.  I've never really read paranormal fiction that revolved around ghosts and spirit possession so as my first novel with that story line, I really was quite pleased with it. It's a must read as far as I'm concerned!

1 comments:

Katie Alender said...

Hi, Willow! Thank you for the great review! I'm so glad you liked the book enough to share it on your blog. :-)

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.