Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Friday, June 24, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy
Rating: 4 out of 5

Vampire AcademySummary: Rose a vampire guardian and Lissa, a vampire princess spend two years on the run, running from school and their enemies. One night, they are caught and returned to school much to Rose's dismay. Now, they must return to school and deal with gossip, new enemies and learn to handle these things, after all, they did run away together and manage to escape the guardians, how was this possible? Rose must catch up and learn to protect her vampire charge while Lissa must struggle with being an orphan and learning how to use her gifts without losing herself.

My thoughts: Twilight turned me off from reading many vampire novels but I picked this one up and decided to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked the tale of Rose and Lissa's friendship. I really liked the concept of guardians protecting vampires from an immortal group of people called Strigoi that are trying to find vampire's and kill them. I really enjoyed this world but Rose however rubbed me the wrong way.

She's not an unlikable character, to me, she just has some unlikable traits. However she tends to grow on you as you realize that Rose is just trying to protect her best friend, and live up to her role as a guardian. This role is not something she takes lightly, which is why she ran away with Lissa in the first place. They have quite the bond and both would do anything for each other. That story is great, I just Rose wasn't so overbearing and so downright mean. This stuff tends to wear off towards the end and get better thankfully. I am excited to read the next book in this series though so I hope to see things progress in a better manner later. 

1 comments:

Cozy in Texas said...

I stopped by from the blog hop
Ann

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.