Rating: 5 out of 5
Summary: Freaks is a short Rizzoli and Isles story. If you're already a fan of the Rizzoli and Isles series this will be a nice small addition, and if you like the TV show you'll probably want this for the ending as there is a small snippet of the second seasons screen play. A body of a 17 year old girl is found in an abandoned church. A passerby hears her screaming and they find her dead with an open coffin nearby. Rizzoli spies an open door and goes outside to find a figure cloaked in black. Once he realizes it's the police, he takes off and Rizzoli takes chase. When she corners him, the figure doesn't look human, he looks almost vampire. Is this a case of the paranormal or simply a case of mistaken identity?
My thoughts: I'm not really familiar with Tess Gerritsen's work but I am a fan of the show so I downloaded this short story from Amazon. It is extremely fast paced but it is a short story. The conclusion is slightly surprising but I will admit I did expect a tad bit more action. It's not disappointing though. This short story also contains a sneak peak at another upcoming story and as I've said above a sneak peak at the returning show in July. When I downloaded this it was Free so it may be worth heading over to Amazon to check out!
All books reviewed on this blog are purchased by me unless otherwise stated. Reviews on this blog are done for fun and resource, no money is gained from the reviews.
aliens arc book club chick-lit childrens lit christmas classics comics/graphic novels contests currently reading demons dystopian fae fairy tales fantasy festivals fiction follow friday ghosts harry potter historical horror indie kindle lgbt magic mailbox mystery mythology paranormal parody pottermore quotes resources review rizzoli and isles romance sci-fi short story sookie stackhouse steampunk sultry saturday teaser tuesday thriller updates urban fantasy utopia vampires welcome werewolves witches ya zombies
- Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Childre...
- Review: The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross...
- Midsummer's Eve Giveaway Hop Winner!
- Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Pottermore: J.K Rowling announces an interactive b...
- Review: A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Eg...
- Midsummer's Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Mailbox Monday # 5
- Follow Friday #6
- Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Review: You Can't Stop Me by Max Allan Collins and...
- Mailbox Monday #4
- Review: The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (A...
- Review: Freaks by Tess Gerritsen
- Review: Hex, A Witch and Angel Tale
- Teaser Tuesday #1 Hex: A Witch and Angel Tale by ...
- Mailbox Monday #3
- Review: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susann...
- Follow Friday # 5
- Review: Cemetery Dance by Douglas Preston and Linc...
- ▼ June (20)