Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Saturday, June 11, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Freaks by Tess Gerritsen

Freaks
Rating: 5 out of 5

FreaksSummary: Freaks is a short Rizzoli and Isles story. If you're already a fan of the Rizzoli and Isles series this will be a nice small addition, and if you like the TV show you'll probably want this for the ending as there is a small snippet of the second seasons screen play. A body of a 17 year old girl is found in an abandoned church. A passerby hears her screaming and they find her dead  with an open coffin nearby. Rizzoli spies an open door and goes outside to find a figure cloaked in black. Once he realizes it's the police, he takes off and Rizzoli takes chase. When she corners him, the figure doesn't look human, he looks almost vampire. Is this a case of the paranormal or simply a case of mistaken identity?

My thoughts: I'm not really familiar with Tess Gerritsen's work but I am a fan of the show so I downloaded this short story from Amazon. It is extremely fast paced but it is a short story. The conclusion is slightly surprising but I will admit I did expect a tad bit more action. It's not disappointing though. This short story also contains a sneak peak at another upcoming story and as I've said above a sneak peak at the returning show in July. When I downloaded this it was Free so it may be worth heading over to Amazon to check out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.