Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Monday, May 30, 2011 | By: Traci

What I'm Currently Reading

I'm currently reading two selections. I am almost done one.

Cemetery Dance by Douglas  Preston and Lincoln Child
Cemetery DanceThis book focuses on detective Pendergast and a man that is killed in his apartment waiting on his wife to return. Turns out, the killer was already dead and buried at the time of the crime. So who killed Bill Smithback and what happens when Bill Smithback is seen walking into a journalist award ceremony? This is a book about cults and magic. This is #9 in a series but I did not know that at first. However this can stand alone rather easily. This was purchased at Walmart on sale. I really couldn't pass up such a good sounding book.
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell




Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
This book focuses on magic in England during the time of Napeolon. Mr. Norrell is a practical magician that holds the most extensive book library known to anyone. He studies his books and formulates his opinions on the matters of magic. Mr. Norrell really wants to revive magic in England, maybe even regulate it so it could be of use to the government, and to rid the streets of those that only pretend to possess true magic and steal from the masses.  This is a very long book that I'm not very far in. I've only reached volume II but I hope to get farther ahead soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.