Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: Yum Yum by Catherine Hnatov (ARC)

Yum, Yum
Rating: 5 out of 5
Yum, YumSummary: This is a children's book. The book depicts different animals as they munch on colorful items throughout the book. This book contains 12 pages and seems quite suitable for the infant/toddler age range. This is a board book. This is an ARC from Netgalley. Thanks for the copy!

My Thoughts: I teach one year olds for a living so I'm constantly on the lookout for new books that I can read to them to catch their interests. The older children are beginning to recognize their colors, so this book is great for them. The first things that caught my eyes were the colors. They are bright, and bold, definitely eye catching.

Secondly, I really like how the pages are not cluttered with pictures. They are simple which makes it a lot easier for younger children to focus on the images, therefore it's easier for them to pick out what they see. The pictures are also simplistically drawn, so there are not a lot of details for them to sort out. It's quite easier to tell what each animal is which should hold their attention quite well. This is a cute little book that I think anyone could enjoy!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.