Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 | By: Traci

Review: The Sculptor by Gregory Funaro

The Sculptor
Rating: 4 out of 5

The SculptorSummary: A serial killer emerges that takes the bodies of his victims, preserves them and turns them into works of art sends creepy messages to Art Professor Cathy Hildebrandt.  When it's determined that her book is the inspiration for the killings, Dr. Hildebrandt is called in to be a special consultant on the case. Then, she quickly becomes more involved when her Ex-husband goes missing. Then, The Sculptor decides that Cathy herself should become a work of art.

My thoughts: I really enjoy a good crime/mystery/thriller novel so I was excited to see this one offered up as a kindle freebie awhile ago. I like how the story played out. It was smooth, but the dialogue really bogged down the plot with this one. I did give the book a 4 out of 5 because it had a nice plot, it kept you on the edge of your seat waiting for the killer to strike next, or hearing about his process and his life, but the characters really over analyzed Michelangelo's art to a very annoying degree. Whenever the two main characters would begin to talk about her book and his art, I internally groaned, and I admit, I often skipped over their dialogue. I could gather the point within the first few sentences. I did not need to read four pages of the same thing re said differently each time. The end of the book is set up with a cliffhanger. It seems like a happy, perfect little world, and then bam! we're left wondering what happens next. It sets the author up for another book. However, I am not sure if a sequel is in the works. And as a note, this book definitely isn't appropriate for younger readers. This is something that the older crowd should read only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.